Friday, May 29, 2015

W MAGAZINE FEATURES A HARRY LANGDON IMAGE OF CHER

  PHOTOGRAPH BY HARRY LANGDON
 CHER
By
Harry Langdon
1979, Beverly Boulevard studio
Bob Mackie Designs

"Cher is the original intriguing, mysterious, bigger than life glamour girl. I started photographing her with Sonny and before the first session I did with them, they had decided to get a divorce, but were to remain very good friends. People say to be mysterious is good; to not let people know about your personal life, even today she remains a mystery to many. I worked with her on upwards of 10 different photo sessions in different phases of her life, all very satisfying and always in Bob Mackie designs, which enhanced Cher's beauty. Her persona multiplied the image, more than 100% clothes, or lack of clothes. I will always carry never-ending fond memories of Cher, I don't know if that is reciprocal. Most actresses reveal too much of themselves, I think Cher is the reincarnation of Greta Garbo, a complete enigma."
-- Harry Langdon,
via phone
May 29, 2015
Los Angeles, CA

No comments:

Post a Comment